Thursday, February 26, 2009

Proud as a Puffin

When I started this blog, I laid out some perameters for myself. I did this because I think that a lot of people are not heard by their loved ones or their co-workers or random passers by and so they resort to blogging as a means to "be heard". To that end, I made a deal with myself that my blog wouldn't turn into a rant about my political views or a cronicle of my dating stories or a quasi-sex-in-the-city memoir. I really want it to be about the random instances in my life that crack me up (heavy on the random). However, as with everything, there has to be a little wiggle room. And therefore I state the following:
EVERYONE JUST NEEDS TO GET OVER IT! Seriously. Everyone I encounter is so negative and crabby and complaining. I understand the need to unload or vent but the constant whining about everything under the sun is getting really old. The definition of insanity is performing the same act over and over expecting a different result or outcome. Isn't whining and/or chronic complaining the same thing. I was at a community meeting this week and heard for the sixth or seventh time the same person stand up and give the same set of gripes. Rather than putting your complaints on tour, why not offer them up WITH A SOLUTION. OMG...what a novel idea. There are some things in life-actually there are a lot of things in life-that we cannot control. Like the weather. And certain factions of the community. And other motorists. And all kinds of things. So, let it go. You will be so much happier. Trust me on this one. Plus, no one really cares.

PS: I know that the title of this post has nothing to do with the content but I really like that picture and couldn't figure out a way to use it. True Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment